Malta Residence and Visa Programme
Obtaining residency through this program issues a Maltese residence permit which consents its beneficiaries to travel freely within the Schengen Area. This residence permit will also allow its beneficiaries the ability to stay, settle, and reside for an indefinite period of time in Malta. The corresponding EU residence card is then renewed every 5 years.
Malta possesses a stable political environment and a bi-partisan political division that is commonly united regarding national and economic matters. In fact, during the financial crisis, Malta and Germany were the only two states in the Euro Zone maintained steady economic growth. Malta has been an active member of the EU since 2004 and of the Schengen Area since 2007.
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme
The Malta Citizenship Investment Scheme, also known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is aimed at individuals with a very high net worth. A minimum of €650,000 is required by individual investors to be contributed to the national development fund set up by the government. An additional investment of €150,000 in a government approved financial instrument and commitment to residency in Malta for a minimum of 5 years, either via rental or purchase of a property. The property value for real estate that has been purchased must be a minimum of €350,000. For a rental property, a commitment of €16,000 per annum is required. Each family member must also contribute €25,000 to the development fund. After one year of residency, benefits include: citizenship and a Maltese second passport. This in turn grants an EU citizenship and the ability to live, work and study throughout the EU.
This is without a doubt an excellent option for investors who hold large amounts of capital and are interested in securing a UK citizenship through investing.
Qualifications & Conditions
An application under the Malta Residence and Visa Programme must satisfy several requirements. The main applicant of the MRVP must
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- A Non-EU/EEA/Swiss national;
- Be carrying a valid travel document;
- Be proper and healthy with no criminal record;
- Holding a global health insurance plan;
- Not be someone benefitting from another Malta residence or employment programme;
- Receive resources which are stable and dependable that are sufficient enough to maintain themselves and their dependents. Applicants may provide a decree proclaiming that they have an annual income above €100,000 surfacing from outside of Malta, or that they have capital of at least €500,000;
- Hold a qualified property for a minimum of five years. This property could be purchased in Malta for at least €320,000 (or €270,000 if based in Gozo or the South of Malta).
- Similarly, applicants can also rent a property in Malta for at least €12,000 per annum (or €10,000 if rented in Gozo or the south of Malta).
- Invest at least €250,000 in debt or equity securities listed on the Official Malta Stock Exchange. Identity Malta will provide a list of eligible investments (e.g. Malta Government Bonds). Furthermore, these investments must be held for at least five years.
What are the Benefits of a Malta Residence Visa Program?
- Visa-free travel to all Schengen Areas. Schengen Areas include most European states, such as, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- Malta’s tax structure is appealing to high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and their families.
- Stable political, social and economic environment.
- Malta has double-taxation settlements with over 70 countries.
- Malta is in a strategic location with prime international flight and sea networks.
- English speaking environment.
- Malta is home to world-renowned healthcare and educational facilities that are open to all who reside in Malta.
A second passport is an asset that most people can only dream of. It can bring freedom, stability and immeasurable opportunities for those who have them.
We can help you obtain European Citizenship.
Contact us to discover your options.
|United Kingdom||+44 (0) 20 8638 8814|
|USA||+1 (646) 960 9099|
|Hong Kong||+852 8191 0881|
|Romania||+40 373 78 06 88|
|China||+86 (0) 21 3606 8295|
|China||400 6789 632|
|South Africa||+27 (0) 21 825 9991|
GET IN CONTACT
145-157, St. John Street
London, EC1V 4PW
© Copyright: Europassport 2006-2020. All Rights Reserved